I came up with this recipe during the super bowl! I wanted some wings too! And these are pretty tasty! Even my non paleo boyfriend eats these up!
Paleo Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 3 lemons (zest 2 of them and juice all 3)
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Oh My Spice Lemon Pepper Dill Seasoning
- 1&1/2 Tbsp “More Than Gourmet Classic Chicken Stock”
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 5-6 lbs chicken wings & drumsticks
- Whisk all ingredients in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Place rinsed chicken in large bowl and pour whisked ingredients over chicken.
- Place marinated chicken in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat air fryer for 3 minutes on 390°
- Place one layer of marinated chicken on the air fryer pan and sprinkle with additional lemon pepper seasoning and place inside fryer.
- “Fry” for 24 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for a couple of minutes before eating.
- It can be a pain to order ingredients online because that means we have to plan ahead, but this lemon pepper is worth it! Its really good and is a great substitute for the lemon pepper you’re used to. I love lemon pepper seasoning and tried really hard for a long time to find a lemon pepper without MSG or crazy additives, I had zero luck. This is the only one I have found. ALL of their products are paleo friendly, and not just a marketing scheme like other so called paleo products I’ve seen, so I definitely try and support them when I can.
- There are a few different paleo friendly bulion substitutes out there and from what I’ve seen, the More Than Gourmet brand is the best! I even called to double check they are gluten free & dairy free and a nice gentleman returned my call the next day and assured me I could eat it without triggering my gluten & dairy allergies. This brand is more affordable than the sugar & yeast laden ones I’ve seen at specialty stores and can be found at your regular grocery store which is awesome!
- This recipe takes about 4 rounds to cook all the chicken in the fryer. I cooked two rounds and froze the rest with the remaining marinade for a low spoon day.
I’m gonna buy some paleo friendly ranch mix soon and will switch this up a bit and try it again. That sounds amazing actually! I will definitely let yall know. And sorry guys, I promise to get better pictures next time! I need to put the finished wings on a pretty plate to get a pretty pic of the final product. Next time I cook some up I’ll be sure and capture the moment for ya! Lol. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading! Come see me on Facebook and have a great day!